- Real Time Gross Settlement System (RTGS) is a type of money transfer from one bank to any other bank which is processed at the time it is received.
- There are no additional charges levied for RTGS transactions.
- RTGS is now available 24×7 from Monday to Sunday.
- RTGS facility can be availed either online through mobile or internet banking or offline through the bank branch.
- The minimum amount that can be remitted through RTGS is Rs 2 lakh with no upper limit.(Content on this page is courtesy Centre for Investment Education and Learning (CIEL). Contributions by Girija Gadre, Arti Bhargava and Labdhi Mehta.)
The RBI has made RTGS, used for high-value transactions between banks, a ’round the clock’ service, available on ‘all days of the year’, starting December 14, 2020. Here is how RTGS works.
Give a comment