Anti-corruption bureau (ACB) has registered a fresh case in a loan fraud of worth Rs. 350 crores in J&K Bank on Friday the 16th instant and made searches at various places in Bengaluru.
- Agencies carried out searches at the residential premises and offices of Anish Mohd Rawther the promoter and Managing Director of SA Rawther Spices.
- In the past 10 days already three cases have been registered by the ACB
- An FIR under various sections of Prevention of Corruption Act and the Ranbir Penal Code has been registered against the management, officers and officials of J&K Bank along with the beneficiaries involved in the fraud which amounts to Rs. 352.72 crore.
- Earlier, on 7th Aug 2019 two cases were registered in loan fraud of worth Rs. 600 crore in the bank which involved a different beneficiary, a Delhi based businessman. During investigation, ACB team obtained search warrants from Anti-Corruption Court in Srinagar, which was endorsed by the concerned court in North Bengaluru.
- Subsequent searches were carried out at the residential premises and offices of Rawther with police assistance.
- Incriminating documents and electronic evidences were obtained during the search and seized.
It is reported that J&K Bank’s Corporate Head-quarters and Zonal Office in Bengaluru and the officers and officials of its branch on Infantry Road gave loan worth crores of rupees to the firm bypassing all norms, systems, guidelines and procedures