All the Aadhaar card holders can avail the Aadhaar Virtual ID by visiting the UIDAI’s website. The 16 -digit number will be valid for a certain period of time. Users can give the Virtual IDs along with the fingerprint at the time of authentication. Below mentioned are the 9 simple steps that will guide you on how to generate an Aadhaar Virtual ID easily.
Step 1: Visit the Google Play store.
Step 2: Download mAadhaar App.
Step 3: Once you complete downloading, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number to create mAadhaar account.
Step 4: An OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar registered mobile number.
Step 5: You have to enter the OTP to complete the verification.
Step 6: You should then create a password for your Aadhaar card and exit from the app.
Step 7: Login to your virtual Aadhaar card by entering the password.
Step 8: Go to the virtual ID section and type 16 digits randomly.
Step 9: On doing this, virtual IDs are generated that you can share with agencies for KYC verification.
FAQs on Aadhaar Virtual ID
1. From when can I use the Aadhaar Virtual ID facility?
Adhaar Virtual IDs will be accepted from March 01, 2018.
2. How many Virtual ID’s I can generate in a month? Will there be any limit?
You can generate as many virtual IDs as you want.
3. Will all the retailers accept the Aadhaar Virtual ID?
Any retailer who denies to do verification by using the Aadhaar Virtual ID will face severe penalty from the government.
4. What will happen to my previous Virtual ID?
As soon as you generate a new Aadhaar Virtual ID, the older one gets cancelled. This will prevent duplicity.
5. Will there be any action taken against the agencies that won’t offer Aadhaar Virtual ID facility?
Yes, the agencies will face financial disincentives.
6. Will the agency be able to generate Aadhaar Virtual ID for me?
No, agencies are restricted from generating a virtual ID for users.