A Reserve Bank of India Report reads
- Bank Credits have increased by 14.35% to Rs. 89.93 lakh crore during the fortnight ended Oct 12, 2018.
- Deposits rose by 8.86% to Rs. 117.85 lakh crore during the same period.
- The figures of Bank Credit and Bank Deposits during the last year for the same period were Rs. 78.64 lakh crore and Rs. 108.25 lakh crore respectively.
- The fortnight ended September 28, showed an increase of 51% increase in Bank Credits which was Rs. 89.82 lakh Crore and the deposits for the same period was seen to have grown by 8.07% to reach Rs. 117.99 lakh crore.
- The non-food credit rose by 12.4% compared to an increase of 5.5% in the same month last year, the report added.